Google+ LOSE WEIGHT - EAT FROM A SMALLER PLATE? |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Friday 24 October 2014

LOSE WEIGHT - EAT FROM A SMALLER PLATE?

Can you lose weight eating from a smaller plate? I tested this theory - unintentionally - and was surprised at the results.
I was preparing a couple of salads using two different plates, the one on the right being slightly smaller by 3cm.
Having dined on soups and stews for a few days, while studying, I was really looking forward to lots of crunchy vegetables. Before I realised there were two large salads staring at me, and they looked about equal in content. Then I thought, why not weigh them and of course deducting the weight of each plate. That's when I found the smaller plate weighed 50g more than the large plate on the left. Without thinking, I was actually adding more food to my (smaller) plate, almost as if I was trying to make up for the difference in size. I suppose it didn't really matter, as 50g more salad wouldn't really make a difference to the number of calories on the plate.
If you're thinking of using the smaller plate to help lose weight, then you may be eating more than you think! A good set of scales will set you on the right track.
Be who you want to be.
Do you know how many calories you can eat each day?
Our very first blog post about our weight loss journey - back in 2011.
You'll find our successful weight loss story here. Tweak what you eat and lose weight.
Copyright © forget dieting forever (2014), all rights reserved.
Please do not copy any of this material without our express permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...