Google+ HARISSA CARROTS - the WOW factor |Forget dieting forever

If you love cooking and experimenting with new recipes - you've come to the right place! Not only do we have delicious recipes - we also share our SUCCESSFUL WEIGHT LOSS story.

Tuesday, 25 February 2014

HARISSA CARROTS - the WOW factor

HARISSA CARROTS
Roasted Harissa carrots have to be about the tastiest carrots I've eaten. There is certainly a wow factor about them. Here's how my first attempt turned out.
This plate has around 200g of carrots (70 cals) and I would estimate the whole dish at around 160 calories. Eat with meat, fish, other vegetables or cheese.
If I was eating it as a main, I would crumble some goat's cheese on top. The thing I liked most was how easy it was to make:
Marinate the carrots in a mix of Harissa paste and oil. Place on an oven tray and cook until soft - ours took around 40 minutes (at 180ÂșC). Place on a plate with Greek yoghurt, sprinkle with salt, chopped mint, lemon juice and za'atar (a mix of dried thyme etc). Or why not add something else you like e.g. a touch of cumin, lemon zest, coriander and so on. I found many recipes for roasted carrots, most with similar ingredients. But mainly used this recipe here on Pinterest. I used less oil, but that was my preference.
*****
Do you know how many calories you are allowed each day?
Here's a link to our very first blog post about our weight loss journey, which we began in January 2011. We started this blog as a way of recording what we ate while losing weight. The blog is a food diary, and contains lots of recipes, tips and ideas about losing weight.
Here's how to FORGET DIETING
Copyright © forget dieting forever (2014), all rights reserved. Please do not copy any of this material without my express permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate your comments and feedback. Please let me know if you have any queries too. (Sorry but any comments containing links will not be published).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...