Google+ Chicken strip salad |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Thursday 16 May 2013

Chicken strip salad

This spicy peri-peri chicken strip salad was quick and easy to make. I bought the chicken already cut into strips, but found there was a sinew running through each piece. You should remove the white sinew as it is very tough.
The chicken was marinated for a couple of hours in peri-peri seasoning to which I added a little oil. They took less than five minutes to cook and a couple of minutes to rest.
I've been waiting to eat the Jersey Royal new potatoes - and this was the perfect moment.
My meal consisted of 150g of potatoes (dressed with a little butter/salt and mint), 180g of chicken strips and a mixed, dressed salad. All the flavours were very satisfying and the meal was around 450-500 calories (if that).
Despite all the bread/potatoes yesterday, lunch was two types of cheese and tomato on toast, which I would estimate around 500 calories. I wasn't going to have bread, but after reading about the latest news, I began to hanker after pizza! There was an article about a new pizza which would supply you with all the necessary nutrients. The seed was planted, hence the cheese on toast. Mind you, when I was thinking about what to eat at lunch time, I still went with my intuition (which was tomatoes and cheese) before turning them into what I had been thinking and reading about.
****

REMEMBER: We all have a calorie allowance - do you know yours?
We began our weight loss journey in January 2011 - and began our blog in June 2011. Here's a link to the first post. (here's the link).
We like to post our main meals to show you what CAN be eaten. You won’t find us posting every last morsel though – but we hope this gives you an idea of how far calories can go! I'm currently going through the photographs and replacing them with more website friendly versions which will allow the blog to load quickly. 
Read about our UNIQUE METHOD of weight loss and find out how you can lose weight eating the food you love.
Copyright © forget dieting forever, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...