Google+ Jacket potato, beans and pork |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Thursday 16 May 2013

Jacket potato, beans and pork

I love jacket potatoes using 'waxy' potatoes but my other half prefers the fluffy varieties - eg King Edward.
TIP: I was experimenting with the cooking times for the potatoes and cooked them in the oven at 180ÂșC for half an hour - then I turned the oven off. I found they had cooked nicely in the residual heat, and we ate them about an hour and a half later. Saves on the fuel bills!
We enjoyed this meal, and were able to use up the leftover bbq pork. We heated the pork through until piping hot.
Today I'll be cooking my Jersey Royal new potatoes and having them with a salad and meat. After lots of bread/sandwiches yesterday, I'm hankering after some crunchy vegetables.

REMEMBER: We all have a calorie allowance - do you know yours?
We began our weight loss journey in January 2011 - and began our blog in June 2011. Here's a link to the first post. (here's the link).
We like to post our main meals to show you what CAN be eaten. You won’t find us posting every last morsel though – but we hope this gives you an idea of how far calories can go! I'm currently going through the photographs and replacing them with more website friendly versions which will allow the blog to load quickly. 
Read about our UNIQUE METHOD of weight loss and find out how you can lose weight eating the food you love.
Copyright © forget dieting forever, all rights reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...