Google+ 150 calorie fruity yet filling breakfast |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Saturday 14 April 2012

150 calorie fruity yet filling breakfast

I caught sight of the first British strawberries and before I knew it they were in my shopping bag.  They are out slightly earlier than usual, and the flavour is not quite there yet.  But they made a wonderful fresh and fruity breakfast.  I sprinkled a small teaspoon of brown sugar over the chopped strawberries - then left this to marinate for 10 minutes.  The sugar draws out the juices and provides a sweet syrup.  Simply pour over the yoghurt and finish with a drizzle of honey.  We always eat full fat greek yoghurt because we love the creamy texture, plus, it fills us up for longer because the fat takes longer to digest.  As this is so low in calories, we can have a slice of toast should we wish.  I ate 80g of full fat yoghurt and 110g fruit.  My partner had 100g yoghurt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...