Google+ Boiled gammon |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Monday 12 November 2012

Boiled gammon

After soaking a 1.5kg piece of corner gammon, I placed it in the pressure cooker and topped with COLA. Thirty minutes later it was cooked. Ten minutes later we were eating it with our salad. I enjoy easy cooking like this, and the taste is so much better when cooked from fresh ingredients.
I've been wanting to try ham cooked in cola for a while. The result was slightly sweeter than how I usually cook my gammon (with water/stock vegetables). But, it wasn't any more succulent - so I would probably stick to what I know, at least I can then use the liquid as a base for a good soup if I wanted to.

If you would like to know more about how we have achieved over 6.5 stone weight loss eating all this wonderful food - see OUR IDEA

Copyright © (c)forgetdietingforever 2012, all rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...