Google+ Mid week menu |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Mid week menu

We've been eating soups and casseroles from the freezer - but tonight we're having peri-peri chicken breast with new potatoes and salad. You could use CAJUN spice or peri-peri, both are delicious. and always a favourite.
I bought a small chicken and removed the breast for tonight's meal. The remainder of the chicken went into the pressure cooker, covered with water and I added one grated carrot, onion and leek plus a few herbs and some garlic. I've already cooked this for around half an hour (in the pressure cooker) and the strained liquid and meaty bits will form the base of a soup.
I've also cooked the base of a cottage pie today, and I'll finish it off for tomorrow's dinner by topping with mashed potatoes. I love this easy meal, as we can go for a walk and come back to something warm and filling. Lunch tomorrow will either be a chicken soup of some sort or a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...