Google+ Monday morning |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Monday 20 June 2011

Monday morning

The weigh in day! I am happy to report I have stayed the same weight. Being realistic, this is actually a very good result. A few days eating and drinking my way through Jersey's delights, offset mainly by lots of walking, no doubt being the reason for this.

Once upon a time I would have been putting on quite a few pounds after a holiday. I don't know what it is about being on holiday? My body doesn't change, and suddenly become able to soak up any more calories than normal. So why do I think I am entitled to eat more? I'm there with the huge ice-cream telling myself - go on, you know you want to....even if you have just eaten an enormous dinner. I blame the waiting staff, they are just so caring.

Never mind. A temporary and not too disastrous blip. Yesterday was a good day too, and that will go some way to tipping the scales in my favour next time. My good days usually go from Monday to Thursday, so starting earlier gets me back on the losing track - or should I say winning trail. I also aim to pick up the walking a bit this week to stimulate the progress.

I realised while I was away, that a set of weighing scales was important to me. There were none around, and I had to trust my judgment each day. I like to jump on the scales most days, as they confirm what I am thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...