Google+ Weighing it all up |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Weighing it all up

If you get yourself some good food weighing scales, you won't regret it. They are a must.

I've eaten quite a bit of bread today, so I must be after the carbs for some reason? Each slice is weighed and calculated though, as this is the ONE food that can really pack in the calories. Looks innocent enough doesn't it, but there it is concealing all those calories, and that's before adding the fillings.

I wanted a cheese and onion sandwich, so I had one, with mayo. To balance out my day, I will have a really scrumptious pork casserole, which I made earlier and stuck in the freezer. I slow cooked a small shoulder of pork in cider, with a few herbs chucked in. The shoulder joint is by far the tastiest, and slowly cooked in whatever way you choose, is sure to bring a smile to your face. After slow cooking, I let it cool down and sprinkle some ice-cubes on top to soak up the fat. I then remove this and portion up the casserole.

Casseroles are filling and nutrious. Most are low in calories if the fat is removed. Remember all the lovely flavour stays behind for you to enjoy. My casseroles are all very low in calories, and this pork casserole will give me an ample meal for under 350 calories. I'm having mine with spring cabbage, baby carrots, broad beans and - yes - new potatoes. Just remember when you get out the potatoes, to WEIGH them. 125g is enough even though it looks like it's not. Cut them into halves or quarters and they look more, then add a touch of butter and salt. Just get those flavours going on, and you won't think you are eating something tasteless and low in calories - you will be feasting on something fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...