Google+ New passion |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Tuesday 4 October 2011

New passion

Believe me, when we started our way of eating 9 months ago, we did not realise just how much we would progress with our fitness. If you have been reading this blog, you will know our main fitness regime is simply walking. 9 months later, we tend to walk longer and/or walk more hills. The results are amazing. Our legs are slimmer - particularly my ankles!! My partner's legs are just about all muscle. My lower torso is nicely toned too. We love the result. We started out walking around about 40 minutes, and would walk around the streets. This was about 3 to 4 times per week. When we go out, we park as far away from the supermarket as we can, so we have to walk further and carry bags for longer. All these little steps add up. Now we are physically fitter, and try to go for walks lasting over an hour. If we have the time that is. My partner kept asking me if I wanted to go for a bike ride, but I didn't want to. The last bike ride was over a year ago, and I came back huffing and puffing. I felt so unfit too. But, on Saturday, I relented and we went for an exhilarating bike ride. I loved it. I have a sneaky feeling this will be one of our main exercises now, and take precedence over walking (and I never thought I would have said that). I didn't realise just how fit I had emerged after 9 months of slow and steady walking. It's a wonderful feeling, and there is almost a liberation. It's taught me that walking DOES work, it does change our bodies. It is kind to the joints, and although it does take effort, it is worth it in the end. The extra calories burned can either be put towards a meal, or counted towards extra weightloss. Try it. Give the gym a miss, and start fat burning now by walking - anywhere. It all counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...