Google+ Fruit and yoghurt under 150 calories |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Fruit and yoghurt under 150 calories

I'm sat eating one of our favourite breakfasts: full fat greek yoghurt with a fruit topping.  It's heavenly.  For the fruit topping, I bought some frozen forest fruits (so much cheaper) and warmed some through with a little sugar (you could use honey).  Let this cool until you need it.  You get a wonderful rich, ruby juice and the fruit is soft and delicious.

A large pot of full fat greek yoghurt is around £1 and the frozen fruit is equally as cheap.  The result is so much tastier (and cheaper) than eating ready made fruit yoghurt.  The calories are also much lower - around 130 for my bowlful, which is filling enough for me.  The creamy texture adds a touch of luxury, and the full fat content should keep me feeling satisfied, as I believe the fat content should take a while to digest.

I'm having a small slice of toast to go with this today.  I think I'm after something with a crunch... texture is important for me, and better a slice of toast than a crunchy biscuit or two/three later?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...