Google+ Quick lunch |Forget dieting forever

If you love cooking and experimenting with new recipes - you've come to the right place! Not only do we have delicious recipes - we also share our SUCCESSFUL WEIGHT LOSS story.

Thursday, 22 March 2012

Quick lunch


My own mezze... leerdammer cheese & rye bread with various salads.

No time to boil potatoes for our tuna salad, so I assembled a colourful plate using some rye bread, leerdammer cheese (so low in calories and so tasty), and various salad items.  Counting the calories as I added to the plate was easy and the feast came in at under 500 calories.  In fact, it looked so appetising, I ate one of the open bread sandwiches before the photo (spot the gap)!!

Tonight we'll probably be eating our home cooked ham.  This is so easy to cook, and I don't know why more people don't do it.  It's just a case of putting a piece of gammon in a pot, covering with water and a few herbs/carrot/onion.  After boiling up, simmer for 20 mins per pound until done.  I like to finish mine off in the oven, coated in a honey/mustard mix, so I roast for the final 20 mins.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate your comments and feedback. Please let me know if you have any queries too. (Sorry but any comments containing links will not be published).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...