Google+ Quick lunch |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Thursday 22 March 2012

Quick lunch


My own mezze... leerdammer cheese & rye bread with various salads.

No time to boil potatoes for our tuna salad, so I assembled a colourful plate using some rye bread, leerdammer cheese (so low in calories and so tasty), and various salad items.  Counting the calories as I added to the plate was easy and the feast came in at under 500 calories.  In fact, it looked so appetising, I ate one of the open bread sandwiches before the photo (spot the gap)!!

Tonight we'll probably be eating our home cooked ham.  This is so easy to cook, and I don't know why more people don't do it.  It's just a case of putting a piece of gammon in a pot, covering with water and a few herbs/carrot/onion.  After boiling up, simmer for 20 mins per pound until done.  I like to finish mine off in the oven, coated in a honey/mustard mix, so I roast for the final 20 mins.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...