Google+ Feta on toast |Forget dieting forever

Our recipes and tips for cooking from scratch. Find out how we lost weight too.

Thursday 23 August 2012

Feta on toast

FETA AND BROAD BEANS

INGREDIENTS to serve 2 people
40g fresh shelled peas (or frozen)
100g shelled broad beans (that's a 500g pack) or use frozen
80g feta - cubed
teaspoon olive oil
handful of fresh mint, chopped
squeeze of lemon juice
slices of ciabatta 

Boil beans and peas for 4 minutes, drain and run cold water over to cool. Remove the shells from broad beans and discard. Add a dash of lemon juice, dash of oil, salt and pepper (to taste), chopped mint to the peas and broad beans and mash (I used a potato masher). You don't need to use peas by the way, I just had these in the fridge looking for a home. Then add the cubed feta and continue mashing.
Meanwhile, brush or spray the sliced bread with olive oil then toast. Liberally pile with the topping, and add a dash of olive oil before devouring.

This was so tasty ... very tasty. Enough for two servings at 350 calories each (using 60g bread).
I've been wanting to make it since seeing it listed on a menu or two. I was also really excited as I've never tried it before.
Fresh broad beans and peas are on offer at the moment - and lovely and sweet. I'd have no problem using frozen, although I think the texture would be more mushy?
I cheated and bought feta in oil, one of those plastic packs. I weighed out and patted dry 80g of feta, and used some of the oil in my recipe. As the oil has its own flavour I didn't bother adding any minced garlic, which I might add otherwise.


If you would like to know more about our 'intermittent eating plan' see OUR IDEA.
Read more about how we began this successful weight loss journey - Our Experiment

Copyright © (c)forgetdietingforever 2012, all rights reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...