Google+ How are your tastebuds? |Forget dieting forever

If you love cooking and experimenting with new recipes - you've come to the right place! Not only do we have delicious recipes - we also share our SUCCESSFUL WEIGHT LOSS story.

Thursday, 21 July 2011

How are your tastebuds?

One of the things I found when I used to diet, was that I didn't really taste the food. The food was often bland anyway, but because I was eating low fat this and low fat that, without any dressing, gravy or - anything nice, I never savoured my food. I used to eat it like a machine and viewed the food as something to sustain me, not that it ever did!

I clearly remember (and this is true) coming off one diet and deciding to have my longed for Sunday roast with real gravy. I had been yearning for roast beef and yorkshire pud. It looked lovely and the beef was perfectly cooked. It was only AFTER the meal that I realised I had eaten it with tartare sauce! I'd picked up the wrong jar from the fridge. You know, I thought it tasted a bit strange, but I think my taste buds were so battered by then that I didn't notice enough to stop. I cannot believe I did that, and I know for a fact that NOW, this would never happen as my tastebuds are firing on all fours.

At last, tasting food has become one of my pleasures. I make sure we get as much flavour out of the tinest of morsals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate your comments and feedback. Please let me know if you have any queries too. (Sorry but any comments containing links will not be published).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...